This is a great and easy mango yoghurt dessert recipe. You can prepare it the night before and it is light and has a super-fruity taste to it, that this is sure to be a hit at any dinner party.
Mangos in my family is always allocated with indulgence. In the 80s when eating exotic fruit was expensive in Germany, it was a rare treat. Now every time me and my siblings visit a different country we compare flavours, and when we come back we always bring my mum some mangos as a souvenir.
My mother grew up on a mango farm in the Philippines, so you can say its mango is in our blood. When I see a box of mangos i cannot help but bring it home with me. So last week when I was walking past Whitechapel market near my house when I heard a man shout "Mangos only £5 a box"!!! These said they were grown in the Dominican Republic. Never had mangos from there before, so I had to try them.
Mango Yoghurt Creme Dessert
- 1 large ripe mango 400 gr or 3 small mangos
- 1 pack of gelantine
- 1 table spoon lime zest
- 3 table spoons lime juice
- 150 g plain full fat yoghurt
- 3 table spoons sugar
- 50 ml orange juice
- 100 ml single cream
- Dissolve the gelatine according to packet instructions.
- In the meantime peal the mango, and remove the flesh around the stone.
- Place the mango flesh, lime juice, zest and sugar into deep bowl and puree to a smooth pulp.
- Save 6 teaspoons of puree in a separate bowl for decoration.
- In a small saucepan bring the orange juice to boil and then remove of the heat immediately. Add the gelatine, yoghurt and mango puree.
- Now fold in the cream. Place into bowls and leave to cool in the fridge for about 2 hours.
- Before serving pour the reserved mango puree on top.
Source: Adapted from Essen und Trinken