Bremer- German Fish Sandwich (Fischbrötchen)
A delicous popular fish sandwich recipe from North Germany. The fish sandwich consists of fish cakes, roll, gherkins, onions and ketchup.
Servings 4 people
- 4 cod fish cakes Click for Recipe or use shop bought
- 4 pickled gherkins or cornichons
- 4 crustry white rolls
- 4 large leaves of salad
- 4 tablespoon remoulade (alternativley Tartar Sauce)
- 4 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 4 tablespoon roasted onions
Slice the cornichons into thin slices
Slice the bread roll in half horizontally.
Spread 1 tablespoon of remoulade on one of the slices of bread roll. Add the lettuce, cornichons and fishcakes on top. Spread ketchup on the other half of the bread roll and top with roasted onions before closing the sandwich.
Optional - serve the German fish sandwich with some fries or German fried potatoes or a green salad.