I do not want to brag but this ice cream is low fat, full of natural vitamins and infused with vodka. Oh and before I forget: It tastes delicious! What girl can resist that?
I came up with this recipe for this strawberry vodka ice cream when I was thinking about what I could make with all those vodka strawberries which I had leftover from the homemade strawberry vodka shots. It seemed a shame to waste some perfectly good vodka soaked strawberries.
The ingredients for this vodka ice cream recipe are actually all healthy and natural: frozen strawberries and bananas, some low fat coconut milk, a little honey and of course some vodka.
The vodka helps the ice cream to soften, as without it it would be rock solid. The other good news is you do not need an ice cream maker for this recipe. Or at least I did not use one.
It does make sense to make both recipes in conjunction. First the strawberry infused vodka recipe and then the strawberry vodka ice cream. You do not have to make them at the same time, because I left those vodka strawberries in my freezer for about 6 months. I added a few normal strawberries to the mixture, because when you soak the strawberries in vodka, the vodka absorbs the lovely red colour from the strawberries.
A hit for any dinner party or buffet and a must for a girls night out.
Skinny Strawberry Vodka Ice Cream
- 3 bananas frozen
- 300 g vodka soaked strawberries frozen
- 100 g normal strawberries frozen
- 300 ml can of low fat coconut milk
- 100 g honey
- At least one week before make your own strawberry infused vodka and keep the soaked strawberries in a plastic bag in your freezer.
- One day before peel 3 bananas, cut them into chunks and freeze them overnight.
- Place all ingredients with the coconut milk into a blender and blend until you get a thick creamy consistency.
- If you like your ice cream a little sweeter add more honey to taste..
- Now add the mixture into a large container and leave in the freezer to set. At least 2 hours
- Before serving I would let it stand for about 10 minutes for the mixture to soften.