If you are a big fan of roasted peppers you will love this soup. It has a light creamy texture; and is my go to recipe when dinner has to be quick.
I always have a jar of roasted peppers and a tin of tomatoes in the cupboard. The salty feta cheese compliments the sweet pepper flavor very well. As you may have noticed I am a big fan of chives and always have a pot growing on my kitchen window sill. It adds a little freshness to this soup and an interesting bite.
Red Pepper Soup with Feta
- 1 jar roasted peppers
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic pressed
- 3 tea spoons olive oil
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 100 gr single cream
- 200 gr feta cheese
- a pinch of sugar
- some chopped chives to serve
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the onion and garlic. Fry until brown.
- Ensure the peppers are well drained. Now add the tin of tomatoes and peppers to the pan. Leave the soup to boil for about 10 minutes with the lid on.
- Take the soup of the heat and puree it with a Puree Stick.
- Add the cream and bring to boil again.
- Season with Salt, Pepper, Chilli and Sugar according to taste.
- Crumble the Feta Cheese.
- Serve in a bowl with the crumbled feta and chives on top
- Goes very well with some warm rolls